Cobbs Bin

Friday, August 14, 2009

Boycott Walmart?

The superpower super store has finally picked a fight that is diametrically opposed to the majority of Americans. They support the liberal health care initiative. Wal-mart provides part time employment to a significant portion of our nations retail associates. It would be a significant cost saving for them to put that burden on the American people instead of bearing it themselves. So why not support shedding health care costs in favor of higher profits? Oh, Mary do I have an issue with the worlds largest retailer ponying up to the entitlement bar. Disgust does not begin to describe how I feel.

I lose my freedom and Constitutionally assured rights so Wal-Mart can become more profitable. We have shown that pissing us off tends to be detrimental to your business. Just ask Exxon and Firestone. They however did not endorse depriving me of my freedom. Wal-Mart is promoting the government's involvement in all thing personal and private and that does not sit well with me.

So what do we do? Is Wal-Mart too big to fail? I for one will no longer visit the super centers and spend my hard earned cash at their stores. There are too many stores that provide the same prices and do not indulge in the profit for freedom liberal agenda. I realize that it is a businesses sole purpose to make a profit but being subsidized by the government to achieve that goal points to a piss poor management group. After all, Wal-Mart is a retail establishment, not a band of beggars waiting for a hand out. They might as well change their name to Welfare-Mart. It is where we will all end up if we are faced with government controlled health care.

Icool

Cobb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home