Cobbs Bin

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm Sick of Being Sick

I recently had the pleasure of being down and out with a cold like flu. For those who have spent three weeks recovering from the Grunge or the Crud or whatever name it is called, you have my sympathy. I spent a week in a motel room in Pennsylvania for work feeling like I was on chemo. I got home and continued to hack up a daily lung's worth of mucus. I am still reliving a trail of daily lung missles that cause my chest to hurt. For someone who has not suffered from the yearly cold and flu season for a few years, this has been a very unpleasant month.

At least this time I did not let is go so long that I caught strep throat and started hallucinating in my sleep. That is what happens when you try to push the envelope only to find out that the wick no longer has any wax and you are on fire. Ouch! Thank the Lord for antibiotics.

With the weather finally acting like Spring is coming, I can feel that spark of hope that things will get better. I can stop the twice daily doses of Night/Day Quill that provide some kind of relief. I can look forward to the start of my son's baseball practice. I have volunteered to be an assistant coach for his team. I am excited about coaching although I have no clue about how to go about it. I guess that is why I am the assistant. I have a veteran who has coached my son several times that is calling the shots. Hopefully the role of Vanna White suits me.

Icool

Cobb

1 Comments:

  • Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger SBTVD, at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home