Cobbs Bin

Monday, March 17, 2008

How Scandal Creates Republicans

I have spent the last week afflicted with a virus. I cannot say it was the flu because I did not suffer the extreme intestinal distress (i.e. coming out both ends) normally associated with influenza. Since I have been coughing, I will lean towards a rhino-virus although I do not remember a common cold being this harsh. I ached and the only remedy worth pursuing was massive amounts of sleep. Any way you look at it, it was a week I do not want to get back.

What made it even more enjoyable was that I was out of town on business and spent every non-working moment trapped in a motel room, coughing, sneezing and trying to stay warm. This left only one entertainment option; the idiot box. I have had my fill of TV for another 10 years so it might have been a good thing. The news was continually spashed with a scandal concerning the governor of New York. I know that he got busted for being involved with a high level prostitution ring. I know that he and his wife come from very upper crust back grounds and have Ivy League schooling. What I could not seem to get a handle on was his party affiliation. I knew he could not be a Republican because they never said the Republican Governor of New York. I assumed that he was a Democrat because he was from New York but you know what they say about assume.

I finally watched his name scroll across the screen and the big D appeared after his name so I got a read on his party. Never once did I hear it uttered that he was a Democrat. It seems that the only time the media wants to announce a politician's party is when the scandal involves a Republican. I know that there is not any media bias because they tell me they are not biased but I cannot help wonder if their agenda doesn't lean towards the liberal side of the tracks. With such a big time sex scandal rolling down the rails, I cannot help wonder how the chief horn dog, Captain Bill hid his name. Maybe Hillary has a more discrete paid service to keep her man in line.

Icool

Cobb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home