Cobbs Bin

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Relaxation 101

When I need to take my mind off of the daily storm and strife, I have some pictures that were taken with my handy dandy digital camera that allow me to sink into that almost Zen state and just (big exhale) relax. On our trip to Colorado this summer, we spent a week on a reservoir at 9000 feet. The lake has a yacht club and people were actually sailing on the lake. The house that we rented looked out over the lake so we could see the boats on the lake with the mountains rising up behind them. It was wonderful to sit on the deck in the morning with a cup of coffee and just try to absorb that scene.
















These shots were taken as we hiked around the lake. I can just stare at these pictures and take myself back to that hike. The clouds were amazing. They never seemed to move and they were as fluffy as cotton candy.

















My daughter has set up an array of photos in a rotating slide show that we use as a screen saver. You have to love the computer savvy nature of kids. I wish I had that much time. These photos are part of that rotating display and as they show up on the screen, I slip away, if only for the instant and relive that week in the clouds. It is amazing how just a few seconds can add a charge to the batteries. These along with the story of our lives that flashes by are the memories that make life the trip worth living.

Icool

Cobb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home